Infant & Child CPR, Choking and Basic First Aid for Children
Chatham, NJ CPR Class
This class is conducted at the Post Partum Place, 368 Main Street, Chatham, NJ. Learn how to provide CPR, relieve choking on infants and children, basic first aid and lots more in a comfortable and welcoming classroom environment. Click here for a schedule.
Who should attend?
This class is a must for expectant parents, parents, family members, babysitters, nannies and anyone taking care of infants and children so they can instantly react when faced with life-saving decisions to protect and keep a child safe.
This class is based on the American Heart Association Family & Friends Guidelines. By the end of the class, you will:
- Recognize the need for infant and child CPR
- Understand the common reasons an infant or child would stop breathing or become unresponsive
- Know the CAB’s of Infant & Child CPR
- Know the symptoms of mild and severe choking in an infant and child
- Know choking maneuvers for an infant and child
- Know when to call for help
- Know what to do for a pregnant woman choking
- You’re pregnant…how to save a choking child without hurting yourself
- Know how to take care of yourself if you’re alone and choking
- Know adult CPR and compressions only CPR (Does not include hands-on practice)
- Poison control phone number and when should you call?
- Basic first aid for children including bleeding, tooth injuries, allergies, seizures, burns, animal bites, head injuries and lots more
- Allergies and EpiPen practice
This course features hands-on skills practice.
This class is intended for 6-10 participants.
- $75 per person
- $75 per person 6 to 10 people
Must have a minimum of 6 people for an in-home class.
May be a higher fee depending on distance from Berkeley Heights area.
Costs include handouts and our video “Saving Baby’s Life…When Every Second Counts” ($19.99 on Amazon).
You can have up to 10 participants.
Payment & cancellation policy
Our policy is to satisfy all our families and friends.
Class sizes are limited. Spaces only guaranteed when paid in full. Full refund given for cancellations more than 72 hours before the scheduled class or payment may be applied to a future class if space is available. For cancellations less than 72 hours payment may be applied to a class within 2 months if space available. In-home classes must be paid in full by check or cash on class day.
Methods of payment: checks, cash or PayPal if reserving for classes online.
Make checks payable to: Baby Zone & Beyond LLC