The Ultimate Infant Safety Zoom class
Infant CPR, Choking & Emergency Preparedness
These classes started in July 2020 in response to COVID-19.
This class covers Infants (Newborn-1 year).
This class is conducted via Zoom. Learn how to provide CPR, relieve choking on infants, emergency preparedness and lots more without leaving home.
Saturday, August 15th 2020 11am-1pm (click here to register)
Tuesday, August 25th 2020 7pm-9pm
More dates to follow…
Who should attend?
This class is a must for expectant parents, parents, family members, babysitters, nannies and anyone taking care of infants so they can instantly react when faced with life-saving decisions to protect and keep an infant safe.
This class was designed by Geraldine Hickey and content is based on her 35 plus years experience working with babies and their families. She knows all too well what can happen if a baby chokes or becomes unresponsive and nobody knows what to do.
- Recognize the need for infant CPR
- Understand the common reasons an infant would stop breathing or become unresponsive
- Know what an unresponsive infant can look like
- Know when and how to call for help whether alone or with others
- Safely move the baby to a hard surface
- Know how to remove clothing from chest to landmark for compressions
- Learn the steps CAB (Compressions, Airway, Breathing) of Infant CPR
- Common Choking hazards
- Gagging versus choking…what’s the difference
- Know the symptoms of mild and severe choking in an infant
- Mild Choking symptoms…what do you do?
- Severe choking symptoms…what do you do?
- When should you call for help?
- Why you should never do a blind finger sweep
- What is First Aid?
- First Aid Kit and contents
- A must have list everyone taking care of your infants should have access to
- Poison control phone number and when should you call?
- Steps to keep your infants safe including bathroom, stair and water safety
Review and practice scenarios in class on a doll or stuffed animal
- SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Reduce the risk by taking these precautions
- $75 per person
- $140 per couple
Cost Includes handouts on:
First Aid Kit contents
A must have checklist anyone taking care of your young children should have access to
Participants should have a doll or stuffed animal available to practice on during class.
Ideally this class is most beneficial (but not a requirement) if taken with at least one other person to gain the most from the scenario practice.
This is not a Certification class.
Payment & cancellation policy
Our policy is to satisfy all our families and friends.
Spaces only guaranteed when paid in full. Full refund given for cancellations more than 72 hours before the scheduled class or payment may be applied to a future class if space is available. For cancellations less than 72 hours payment may be applied to a class within 2 months if space available.
Methods of payment: checks, Venmo or PayPal if reserving for classes online.
Make checks payable to: Baby Zone & Beyond LLC