Geraldine Hickey RN
She is an RN and midwife and a certified American Heart association CPR instructor. She has worked in the Neonatal Intensive Care unit at Overlook Medical Center in Summit NJ since 1985. Throughout the years she saw parents take their babies home from the hospital well equipped to change diapers but having absolutely no idea how to save their baby should they stop breathing.
She made it her mission to teach each one how to act quickly and save their baby’s life should the need arise, and subsequently started Baby Zone and Beyond. Since then she has trained thousands of parents, family members, nannies, babysitters.
Unable to reach every parent, she decided to develop her award winning DVD Saving Baby’ s Life…When Every Second Counts.
Geraldine has been featured on Fox, WPIX Channel 7 and The NJ Star Ledger for her expertise.
She takes her own health seriously and is an avid fitness enthusiast who believes that good health and wellness starts with the parents. She has run the NY City marathon and numerous half marathons. Geraldine’s passion is teaching families how to stay safe and well. Her motto in life as in emergencies is “every second counts”.
- Winner of the 2014 Women of Excellence in Medicine/Health Care, Union County NJ
- Recipient of 2005 Nurse Excellence Award at Overlook Medical Center, Summit NJ
- Winner of National Parenting Seal of Approval Award for DVD “Saving Baby’s Life…When Every Second Counts”. 2009
- American Heart Association CPR Instructor
- Neonatal Intensive Care Certification
Giving back is very important to me. 10% of all Baby Zone’s income is donated to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital.