Infant and Child CPR, Choking & Basic First Aid for Children.
About this event:
Who should attend?
This class is a must for expectant parents, parents, family members, babysitters, nannies and anyone taking care of infants and children so they can instantly react when faced with life-saving decisions to protect and keep a child safe.
This class is based on the American Heart Association Family & Friends Guidelines. By the end of the class, you will:
- Recognize the need for infant and child CPR
- Understand the common reasons an infant or child would stop breathing or become unresponsive
- Know the CAB’s of Infant & Child CPR
- Know the symptoms of mild and severe choking in an infant and child
- Know choking maneuvers for an infant and child
- Know when to call for help
- Know what to do for a pregnant woman choking
- You’re pregnant…how to save a choking child without hurting yourself
- Know how to take care of yourself if you’re alone and choking
- Know adult CPR and compressions only CPR (Does not include hands-on practice)
- Poison control phone number and when should you call?
- Basic first aid for children including bleeding, tooth injuries, allergies, seizures, burns, animal bites, head injuries and lots more
- EpiPen demonstration and practice
This course features hands-on skills practice on infant and child mannequins.
This class is intended for 4-10 participants.
- $75 per person. (Includes handouts and DVD Saving Baby’s Life…When Every Second Counts)
Please note the Chatham class is limited to 10 participants and fills quickly. Classes must be paid in full prior to the class. If you show up even if you registered “attending”or “maybe” priority is given to participants who have paid in full.
THIS CLASS IS FILLED. IF YOU HAVE PAID IN FULL YOU ARE REGISTERED.
- $75 per person 5 to 10 people
Must have a minimum of 6 people for an in-home class.
May be a higher fee depending on where you live.
Costs include handouts and our video, “Saving Baby’s Life…When Every Second Counts” (Video retails at $19.99 on Amazon).
You can have up to 10 participants.