Infant & Child CPR, Choking & First Aid for Children class.
About this event:
ONLY 4 SPOTS LEFT IN THIS CLASS.
This class is based on the American Heart Association Family & Friends Guidelines. By the end of the class, you will:
- Recognize the need for infant and child CPR
- Understand the common reasons an infant or child would stop breathing or become unresponsive
- Know the CAB’s of Infant & Child CPR
- Know the symptoms of mild and severe choking in an infant and child
- Know choking maneuvers for an infant and child
- Know when to call for help
- Know what to do for a pregnant woman choking
- You’re pregnant…how to save a choking child without hurting yourself
- Know how to take care of yourself if you’re alone and choking
- Know adult CPR and compressions only CPR (Does not include hands-on practice)
- Poison control phone number and when should you call?
- Basic first aid for children including bleeding, tooth injuries, allergies, seizures, burns, animal bites, head injuries and lots more
- EpiPen demonstration and practice
This course features hands-on skills practice on infant and child mannequins.
This class is intended for up to 12 participants.
- $75 per person. Costs include handouts and our video, “Saving Baby’s Life…When Every Second Counts” (Video retails at $19.99 on Amazon).
DVD Saving Baby’s Life…When Every Second Counts.
This award winning video educates and empowers parents, family members and all caretakers of infants, Registered nurse, midwife, Certified CPR instructor and owner of Baby Zone & Beyond LLC, Geraldine Hickey, gives parents the tools and confidence to assist any infant (newborn-12 months) in time of danger.
The instructional video in English and Spanish takes viewers step by step on how to perform infant CPR, how to save a choking infant and reviews SIDS precaution..
The video won the National Parenting seal of approval and was featured on PIX 11 news and NJ Star Ledger.
Please note the Chatham class is limited to 12 participants and fills quickly. Classes must be paid in full prior to the class. If you show up even if you registered “attending”or “maybe” priority is given to participants who have paid in full