Zoom Class: The Ultimate Infant Safety class.
About this event:
This class covers Infants (Newborn-1 year).
This class is conducted via Zoom. Learn how to provide CPR, relieve choking on infants, emergency preparedness and lots more without leaving home.
This class is designed by Geraldine Hickey, RN and content is based on her 35 plus years experience working with babies and their families. She knows all too well what can happen if a baby chokes or becomes unresponsive and nobody knows what to do.
- Recognize the need for infant CPR
- Understand the common reasons an infant would stop breathing or become unresponsive
- Know what an unresponsive infant can look like
- Know when and how to call for help whether alone or with others
- Safely move the baby to a hard surface
- Know how to remove clothing from chest to landmark for compressions
- Learn the steps CAB (Compressions, Airway, Breathing) of Infant CPR
- Common Choking hazards
- Gagging versus choking…what’s the difference
- Know the symptoms of mild and severe choking in an infant
- Mild Choking symptoms…what do you do?
- Severe choking symptoms…what do you do?
- When should you call for help?
- Why you should never do a blind finger sweep
- What is First Aid?
- First Aid Kit and contents
- A must have list everyone taking care of your infants should have access to
- Poison control phone number and when should you call?
- Steps to keep your infants safe including bathroom, stair and water safety
Your Newborn’s first weeks at home:
What to look out for:
- Umbilical cord care
- Tummy time
- Dressing baby
- When to call the doctor
SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Reduce the risk by taking these precautions
- Review and practice scenarios in class on a doll or stuffed animal
- $75 per person.
- $140 per couple
Cost Includes handouts on:
- Infant CPR
- Infant Choking
- First Aid Kit contents
- A must have checklist anyone taking care of your young children should have access to
Participants should have a doll or stuffed animal available to practice on during class.
Ideally this class is most beneficial (but not a requirement) if taken with at least one other person to gain the most from the scenario practice.
This is not a Certification class.
Please note the class is limited to 12 participants and fills quickly. Classes must be paid in full prior to the class. Only participants who have paid in full will be provided a link to our Zoom session.