Steps to keep your infants safe.
Steps to take to keep your infants safe.
- Put an infant to sleep on her back only.
- Use a safety approved mattress with a tightly fitted sheet.
- Never shake or play roughly with a baby.
- Put the poison control number near your phone. (U.S.
- Cover electrical outlets.
- Secure tip-over items like dressers, bookcases, flat screen TV’s or any other piece of standing furniture.
- Install a quality baby gate at the top and bottom of stairs.
- Window guards that can be opened by adults only should be installed
on second-story or higher windows that are intended to be opened.
(Window screens do not keep children safe).
- Wood burning fireplaces should be fitted with protective grates that
attach to walls.
- Do not use baby walkers.
- Store all cleaning solutions and medications out of reach of small
- Ensure that all smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are installed and working properly.
- Get rid of hanging blind cords.
- Watch children near water. (Young children can drown in bathtubs and
- Protect children from too much sun.
- Never leave a baby alone in a car.
- Select the correct car seat for your baby.
- Have an action plan for emergencies.
- Make sure your house number is visible from the street so emergency
personnel can find you.
- Have a fully stocked first aid kit in your home and car and
- Know how to perform Infant CPR, the choking maneuver and basic first aid.